Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Getting Ready for 2009!



Today is the last day of 2008! As I reflected the last few days on this past year I made myself complete yet another project that was planned for this year but is ready for next :) My children always forget birthdays and now that our family is growing it is even easier to do..so I made these little calenders (from clip boards that I got at the Dollar store) and put the dates for each household that are important to them. I used DP from Stampin Up: Summer Picnic on both the left and center and Rainbow Sherbet on the right. I used rub ons that I had left from the All Holidays collection and various Stampin Up ribbon to finish them off. I embossed in white using the new Love You Much stamp set and punched them out using the new heart punch which punches all three out perfectly. These are all part of the Love You Much bundle. While I was doing this I noticed how cool the "punch out" looked against my table and decided to experiment. The result is a birthday card for my sister in law. I used Kiwi Kiss and Red Riding Hood REd, along with a scrap piece of Bella Rose DP. I edged it with the Scallop Edge Punch and embossed the phrase from "Heard From the Heart". The ribbons used are the Kiwi Kiss / Very Vanilla double sided satin ribbon and the Black Gingham Ribbon. It is 5-1/2 x 5-1/2. Lis and I went out yesterday taking picture ..it was a gorgeous frost. The sun was just warming up enough to make it fall out of the trees. I am not the biggest fan of winter but sometimes it is really beautiful!! From our house to Yours......HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!.....see you in 2009 :)



No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Drayton Valley, Alberta, Canada
I am a Stampin Up demonstrator with a love for all papercrafts...and of course I have a "stash" which can ALWAYS be added to!