Saturday, April 11, 2009



Happy Easter! I finally have some time to play..I am so far behind on my techniques and challanges! I had an Easter workshop while my sister was out from BC and haven't done a thing since! So today I started preparing for April's technique classes and the 1st card I completed using this "ruffle" technique. It is a little tricky at first but once I got the hang of it it was a breeze!
This is done by cutting a piece of DP 1" and then using the scalloped edge punch along the entire 12" side. Then run this through your crimper. The crimping makes it easy to attach your piece to a round edge and add dimension. I used sticky tape to do this on a 1 3/4" punch circle, addded my "ruffle", punched another 1 3/4" punch circle from Chocolate Chip, a 1 3/8" circle of Pirouette Pink and stamped my image onto a 1 1/4" circle of whisper white. I used red glitter to make the cherry and topped it with a dot of crystal effects. You would never know that the image is stamped in chocolate chip! This image is one of 8 in a level 1 hostess set currently available from SU!

1 comment:

Total Delights said...

hey this ruffle thing is great but not sure just how to do it can you email me with some more info. thanks I manage a small scrapbook store and would love to teach this. my name is Diane Brixey email me at doubledee@totaldelights.com
thanks

Followers

About Me

My photo
Drayton Valley, Alberta, Canada
I am a Stampin Up demonstrator with a love for all papercrafts...and of course I have a "stash" which can ALWAYS be added to!